Monday, March 19, 2012

Today is good because . . .

1. It's another day to be alive and enjoy the warm air and sunshine. Remind me of this in July.

2. My husband and children love me in spite of my weirdisms (I think I made that word up).

3. We are having revival meetings at church, where we are enjoying a really good preacher. I say he's really good because not only does he preach well, but he is also a grammar nerd! Just last night he was throwing around terms like "predicate adjective" and "antecedent." That right there is enough to get me on the altar.

4.  I actually bought a pair of shoes today that are not any form of flip-flops. That may not seem monumental to you who have normal feet, but for me, it's more than a big deal. In the last few months I have been in (literally) every shoe store in our mall as well as the gigantic outlet mall an hour north of us. I have ordered two pairs of dress shoes online and sent them back. And you probably remember the running shoe ordeal.

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but just so you know I'm not kidding, here's a picture of my feet, completely un-photo-shopped and without a professional pedicure:


Size 8 1/2 and sometimes a WW will fit, sometimes not. Those knobby things are bunions, which I blame my mother for, and she blames her mother for, and so on and so forth all the way back to the beginning of time. Eve must have had bunions. Contrary to popular belief, they are not from wearing ill-fitting shoes; they are hereditary.

So all that said, you can see why I can't just grab a pair of shoes off the rack and wear them.

However, today . . . TODAY . . . I was in a Payless Shoe Source (Don't even ask me why. I never find shoes there, but sometimes desperation drives us to do unfathomable things.) and actually found a shoe that fits! And is almost comfortable! I'm going to use the Abbey method of shoe fitting and wear them around the house with thick socks to stretch them out a little more. But if I had to, I could even wear them now without too much trouble.

So that makes this a good day.

Be thankful ~

1 comment:

Kelce said...

And you didn't even put up a picture of these fantastic pair of shoes! Dissapointed Mama S. :) I wanna see!
I totally noticed that he was a grammar nerd. I thought to myself, Self. Mom Sargent is loving this! Haha :)