Tuesday, April 30, 2013

#3

Where have I been? Writing. And reading. And taking quizzes and planting a garden and editing transcriptions and writing some marketing copy and being mad at Pete because he hears me calling and runs the other direction.

But mostly writing. And not even the fun kind—just papers and discussion board posts for the latest class.

I have one discussion board and a 25-slide PowerPoint research proposal to go, and it can't be over soon enough. I will say, though, that I've gotten more out of this class than I thought I would, and something may actually come of this proposal I've been working on for seven weeks. Time will tell.

Yesterday I got my redneck on, but that's another story for another day.

I've also been reading a good book that I'll say more about when I finish.

But this morning, the big news was grandbaby #3 making his appearance. Yes, it's another boy and that doesn't bother me one bit. Deb and David are such perfect parents of boys. When he was born (in a big tub of water), David pulled him up and said, "It's a boy!" and Deb said (before she even saw him), "I know." They all thought that was so funny, but she never expected a girl. David's family is known for prolific production of boy babies.

When I talked to her this afternoon she said he is perfect so far. He eats and sleeps and doesn't make much noise at all. We'll see if that's still the case when he's 16. Well, the eating and sleeping probably will be. I don't know about the lack of noise.

As of now, #3 is nameless. I think Leah is running a name-the-baby game on Twitter.

Be thankful ~

No comments: