Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I did today.

I skipped going to the gym because it mercifully started to pour torrential buckets of rain right before I was supposed to leave. But to make up for it, I lay down on my bedroom floor and did a set of Pilates hundreds and some leg work. That gave me permission to have a second cup of coffee and blueberries in my granola and yogurt.

Then I got out all the busy bag stuff (I guess I should take some pictures of it) and worked on hot-gluing popsicle-shaped thingies and little felt fish with metal washers inside that will eventually be a color-matching game and a fishing game for Bean and Button.

Played some Words with Friends. I won the first game, am still in the process of losing the second, and I'm heading for a good thrashing in the third one.

Did some editing and photo captioning for a customer.

Changed the sheets and spun the mattress on my bed.

Made dinner: barbecued chicken, mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus. (BTW, there is no such word as barbeque. Go ahead, look it up. I'll wait. ~~~~~~~~~~~ See? The only time you get to use a Q in that word is when you write it "BBQ," which is not really a word either. The word is barbecue.) Ben and I listened to Clinton's speech while I was cooking. I will refrain from commenting, except to say he just as much a liar as he was when he was in office. Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Texted a bit with two children. Mike wrote to inform me that he had just run 8.5 miles in 73 minutes. I resisted the urge to write back, "Jerk," instead telling him he was going to crush his half marathon later this month. And he is. I'm totally jealous about the long run though. I know it sounds ridiculous, but what I miss most about running are the long runs. It was just so much fun spending two hours winding through the beautiful college campus and Old Town Fredericksburg in the cool early mornings. I miss the peacefulness and how good I felt when I was finished.

The other child wanted to make sure I had paid her rent. I had.

Sat down to write a blog post about nothing, and here I am, 350 words later, trying to figure out if blogger has a word count feature. I'll spare you my discourse on that.

Be thankful ~

No comments: