Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Look what I found!

It's been a while since I downloaded pictures off my camera, so when I finally did that today, I was surprised by what I found.

Two weeks ago after our girls' Monday night Bible study, Leah had the idea to do French clay masks. I have no idea what this is supposed to do for your skin other than make it impossible to talk while it's drying, but here we are.


Notice I am not in the picture. There are advantages to being the photographer. These were taken when the clay was still wet and they could smile. When mine was about halfway dry, Ben asked me a question and when I tried to answer him, I felt like my face was paralyzed. I couldn't move the tiniest muscle.

Then last Friday night we had some whopping storms here in Virginia, and in the dead of night we heard a loud crash that woke us up. It was pitch black outside and we don't have the outside lights hooked up because of all the construction that's going on, so we couldn't tell what had happened.

I laid in bed that night imagining the worst. Every gust of wind was an oak tree falling into my bedroom. Every creak was a poplar ready to snap and smash the deck right off the back of the house. Every branch that hit the roof was a gum tree flattening my car. When we got up the next morning, this was the view out my French doors.


Hardly the disaster area I imagined, but it made me glad I wasn't sitting outside enjoying my coffee when it fell.


And finally, the Project: Rebuild the Deck, Phase Two pictures I said I wasn't going to take. And we're not even having company today! Doesn't this look familiar? I think this is the third saw used on this project.


Yes, we are railing-less now. Pete is not allowed on the deck because I'm sure he would run right off the edge and it's a long way down. Mansquared is working on his tan and his appetite. And showing off his abs.


It's going to be beautiful when it's all done.


Be thankful ~

No comments: