Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday doings.

While I was running today, I was thinking (it was 8 miles so I had plenty of time to think) about some dreams I've had lately. I always wonder where in my subconscious my brain gets the ideas for my dreams.

The first one was a couple of days ago. I was talking about running (what else?) with a trainer at the gym, and I made the comment that I'd heard you burn 100 calories for every mile you run. Of course, this made me very happy. Sadly, he shook his head and said that, no, that wasn't true. You only burn 3 or 4. That was a nightmare.

Then last night I dreamed that Man-squared informed me that since his dad wouldn't let him get a motorcycle (which is not true), he was going to get a golf cart. I'm not sure how a golf cart is a suitable substitute in the mind of an 18-year-old guy, but that's what he said.

In other family-type news, Mike is back from his deployment safely, and will be in the states until sometime next fall. Abbey is heading back to school today so she can spend all day tomorrow studying. Man-squared is out fetching tools for Ben, who is pulling the seized motor out of a friend's truck with said friend. I am cooking and nursing my sore feet, and Pete is running around terrorizing neighborhood children and sharing his dog hair with the world at large.

And now you're all up to speed on our exciting weekend.

Be thankful ~

No comments: