Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The evidence.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but we have a neighborhood bear. I'll call him Henry. He's been making himself known more and more over the last few weeks, beginning with a daytime sighting by Pete and Man-squared in the backyard. Recently Henry's been visiting at night, leaving a trail of trash that stretches all the way down the yard and into the woods.

A few nights ago he paid a call on the house across the street, completely dismantling their trash can enclosure, which was built of 4x4s and screwed together. Apparently Henry has been eating his Wheaties.

In the wee hours of this morning, around 1:30, Pete started barking, which is a rare event. (A while back we actually had a car stolen out of our driveway and he never made a sound.) I thought about going to see what Pete was upset about, but having a face-to-face with Henry in the dark wasn't on my to-do list, so I stayed in bed.

This morning we found our trash and our neighbor's distributed evenly across both yards. When I got back from grocery shopping, Man-squared had it all cleaned up, and I mentioned that I still wasn't convinced it was Henry. Maybe it was just a dog.

Until Man-squared held up this black bean can:





There is now a bounty on Henry's head, which Man-squared would like to have mounted. I just want the hide.

Be thankful ~

No comments: