Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday confessions 14.

1. I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. I've been staying home, trying to get caught up on the virtual mountain of work I have. I ran 2 miles yesterday and today so I don't feel too bad about it, but I do miss the weightlifting. And the Pilates. But definitely not the StairMaster.

2. Thursday Abbie and I went to the beach. When I left that morning, both inboxes were empty, and when I got home at 10 pm, they were overflowing. I would say that will teach me to take a day off in the middle of the week, but why would I lie? We're already planning the next beach day a few weeks from now.

3. This morning I was up before everyone else and when the sun started peeking through the trees, I saw an awesome spider web covered with dew, sparkling in the early sunlight between the deck rails. So I grabbed my camera and went out to take a few pictures. Aside from Pete getting in the way, I realized I wasn't going to get a decent shot with the mediocre lens on my camera. Abbie has the good one right now and I didn't have the heart to wake her that early. Someday I'll buy another 35mm f1.8, but apparently there's a shortage right now.

4. I'm already looking forward to lunch tomorrow. I'm cooking tilapia and the famous Crack Potatoes. And maybe some squash and zucchini and grape tomatoes.

5. I just realized I never posted the recipe for the famous Crack Potatoes. I'll take pictures and put it up here soon.

Be thankful ~

No comments: