1. I'm just now getting over here to read a few blogs at 5 pm, and I saw that Melissa at A Familiar Path was late with her Saturday confessions too, and that reminded me to get on the ball and write something down. I'm glad I'm not the only forgetful one.
2. I've spent the whole day getting ready to have a bunch of young men here for dinner tomorrow. I've cleaned two bathrooms, vacuumed up all the dog hair, dusted, and done four loads of laundry. I'm not sure why I worry about the dog hair. Young men don't care about clean houses—they care about food.
3. I started the day by making a cheesecake. My mother always said when you're having company for dinner, make dessert first. You can serve a mediocre dinner, but if the dessert is spectacular, that's what they'll remember. So, the famous Stella's Cheesecake.
4. At 4 pm, I thought I was finished with everything I had to do today so I lay down on my bed with a new book. It felt so good! Then I remembered that it might be nice to eat dinner today too. So back to the kitchen I went and made a Mexican lasagna, which is now in the oven making my house smell delish.
5. Somewhere in there I also made two cherry cobblers for Man-boy to take to the teen's fund-raising dinner tomorrow after church. He really wanted to dig into one of them today and said he might just take one tomorrow and tell the youth pastor he ruined one. (Easiest cherry cobbler ever: Dump 2 cans of cherry pie filling in a 13x9 pan. Sprinkle a dry yellow cake mix over the top. Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter and pour that over it all. Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes. People beg for my recipe, but now you don't have to. Aren't you glad?)
6. Why is this called Saturday confessions? The only confession here was #5, and that didn't actually happen, it was just a thought.
7. After months of putting it off, I finally connected the external hard drive to my computer last night to back up all my files. After 15 hours it still wasn't finished and I got sick of waiting and canceled the whole thing. This is why my files never get backed up.
8. Now I'm going to eat the Mexican lasagna and rest up for tomorrow.
Be thankful ~