Monday, November 29, 2010

We're dropping like flies.

I tried to research the origin of the phrase "dropping like flies" but no one seems to know from whence it came. Sorry, at least I tried.

The Friday before Thanksgiving, Ben came home with a bottle of Zicam and was popping them left and right, and he successfully kept himself from getting the horrible disease that's going around. That same day Elijah was complaining of a sore throat, so we pumped him full of our favorite miracle-drug for two days as well. Then Sunday he had a terrible headache, so bad he stayed home from church Sunday night. Monday he started coughing a little and it has gotten progressively worse. Here we are a week later and it's not getting any better. It sounds like bronchitis.

The day before Thanksgiving, I had the strangest sensation of pain in my lower jaw that just wouldn't quit. It got worse Thursday and Friday, and by Saturday my upper teeth hurt too, and I didn't do much more than lie around all day feeling terrible. My theory is that my glands were trying to fight the plague and that made my jaw hurt.

Leah and her friends left this morning to drive back to BJU, and one of them is sick. She took all my medicinal tea with her in anticipation of a whopping good cold.

Abbie texted a little while ago to tell us she has a wicked sore throat.

And now my throat is starting to feel scratchy. (Yes, dear, I'm taking Zicam.) The only one still healthy is the dog. To quote my mother-in-law, "Well THIS is going to be a fun vacation."

Tomorrow I'm going to stock up on chicken soup ingredients and Throat Coat tea and tissues.

Be thankful ~

Karen

3 comments:

Connie said...

Glad those germs can't come through the computer! Don't forget to load up on Vitamin C. Hope you are all feeling better soon:)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

And drink lots of water! Hope you guys get over it quickly.

Eleanor Joyce said...

awwww. sorry to hear. get lots of rest! hope you feel better soon.