Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Best pharmacy tech. Ever.

This will be very short so I can give myself fully to wallowing in self-pity over the sore throat my children shared with me.

Today Man-boy actually asked to be taken to the doctor, an event I'm sure has never occurred before. He got up bright and early and stood on the front porch coughing up his toes and spitting them in the front yard. Our neighbors love us.

So off to the doctor we went, and came away with a prescription for an antibiotic. When we swung through the drive-thru window at the Rite Aid to drop it off, Man-boy was driving. Somewhere along our errand-running way, I took over, so I was at the wheel when we drove through to pick it up an hour later.

The pharmacy tech who was helping us was finishing up the transaction and as she slid the bag and receipt out to me, she said (and I am not making this up), "Are you his mom? You look so young!"

I might have been speechless. And then I might have offered to kiss her feet. 

Be thankful ~

Karen

PS. Abbie, this belongs on MLIA.

No comments: