Thursday, December 2, 2010

He's a bottomless pit that keeps getting taller.

Can a bottomless pit become more bottomless?

If you don't have a teenager of your own, I'm sure you've heard stories about how much they eat. Let me assure you they are all true.

Last week we went to some friends' house for football and chili. Shortly after dinner, Man-boy was sitting next to me on the couch and mentioned that he was hungry. I said, "But you ate, didn't you?" He replied, "Only three bowls" as if that explained it perfectly.

Then this afternoon he had a bowl of cereal. A vegetable bowl. With a 6-cup capacity. I can't wait until he goes away to college so I can pay someone else to feed him.

Be thankful ~

Karen

2 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I was going to leave this comment after only reading your title:

"I have one of those!"

But I don't think he's even as bad as he's going to get...he's only 13.
:-/
I like your point that college will be cheaper than the grocery bill to keep them around! haha

Connie said...

Mine is 16, 6ft2 and has size 14 feet. He sounds just like Man-boy. He only weighs 170 too. I have no idea where the food goes unless it is his feet!