Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And they have cookies!

Ah, youth group, I have missed you.

About a year ago I stopped going to the youth group meetings at church for a number of reasons, and tonight I started going again. And now I remember why I went. Goodness, those people are fun! Give me teens over toddlers any day.

They sing with a guitar, have an ongoing points competition between the two teams (England and Ireland), split up for prayer time, and then the game.

Tonight was The Great Oreo Eat-Off. The object of the game is to be the first one to eat an Oreo. Sounds easy, right? But these are teenagers, so there must be a catch. First, you tilt your head back and place the Oreo on your forehead. Then you try to get it in your mouth without using your hands. (This is where you kick me for not taking my camera with my neighbor's zoom lens.) The first one to completely chew and swallow his cookie wins a point for his team. All I have is one lousy cell-phone picture taken from the back of the room.



Finish with great preaching about the wages of sin and it was a very good night. I think I'll go back next week.

Be thankful ~

Karen

3 comments:

NaomiG said...

Sounds like a blast... a great youth group is such an amazing and uplifting thing. :-)

Rachel said...

Ha!! That is a great game. We played that one at our youth group. It was outside and cold and so the cookie was really hard to get off! So funny!!

Kori said...

Yay!! I missed you! I think I'll come back now ~