Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Pumpkin Bread

I've had numerous requests for this recipe. I thought I had posted it already, but I can't find it. If you know I already did, please just shake your head and feel sorry for me and move on. Also, I would post pictures of the process, but I just finished washing all the dishes. Sorry.

Combine in a bowl:

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

In the bowl of a mixer, beat 2 sticks softened butter with 1 3/4 cups sugar until fluffy. Add 2 eggs and beat. Add 2 more eggs and beat well. Now add the dry ingredients alternately with 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (I usually use a whole small can, which is a little more than that, but it works.) At the end, stir in a cup of chocolate chips.

Divide batter between two 9x5 loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for about an hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Try not to eat it all in one sitting.

*Thanks to my long-time friend Karen Antonelli for giving me this recipe 27 years ago. It's made me famous.

Be thankful ~

Karen

3 comments:

NaomiG said...

Yum! Sounds perfect for this blustery fall day we're having here. :-)

Toyin O. said...

Will have to try that.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Connie said...

Yes, you did post it a year ago but it is probably one of the things you lost when Disqus went crazy and disappeared.
Is there any way to have links on your side panel to your recipes? I made your stuffing last year and really liked it. Heaven only knows if I will be able to find the print out tho!