Monday, July 5, 2010

We found our garage!

This was my garage at the beginning of the weekend.


Then it threw up its contents in the driveway and the building commenced.


I wasn't too sure about this.


But they pressed on.


And I began to see a glimmer of hope.


You have no idea how long it's been since we've seen the concrete in this garage.


Not completely finished yet, but it's such a huge amount of progress in two days, I'm not complaining.

In all the cleaning and sorting, we found three rolls of teflon tape, two wood-handled 5-way scrapers (if you're a painter you know what that is and why it's important),  gajillions of screws, and a compound bow that hasn't been shot since 1990. Eleven almost-empty paint cans, enough oil for six oil changes, and Hayne's manuals for every car we've owned since we got married in 1984.

The pile that's going to the dump is impressive, but I failed to get a photo of it because it's 98 degrees in the shade of the garage and I didn't want to be out there anymore. What happened to last week's 55° at night?

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: