Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nothing at all.

Not much new at the bensrib house, but here's what I'm thinking today:

1. I ordered Abbie's fall semester books today and they were $650. And that doesn't include the art supplies she'll need for painting. Had the motor mount and brake switch replaced in Leah's car and that was $340. Got an estimate for changing all the belts in the Honda and that was $750.

2. I really need to get my act together and finalize plans for Elijah's senior year of high school. I have a basic idea, but I don't know if I can get the resources I need. I want him to do a course that covers the Microsoft Office Suite like the one Abbie and I took at the community college. Is there such a thing for homeschool use?

3. I'm sick of summer. We get just enough thunder to freak the dog out, but no rain. I miss Memphis and its wild storms. But not their humidity, which may be worse than Virginia's.

4. I'm officially sick of cooking too. We ate grilled cheese and tuna sandwiches for dinner. I made a huge pot of collards today (to put in the freezer) and now my whole house smells like ham hocks and greens, which is not bad to a point, but right now it's annoying.

5. I can't think of a 5. And Ben is going to bed at 8:30. Good night.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: