Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This is not a paid advertisement, although I would gladly take whatever the company wants to give me.

I have a


who is rather large-ish (70 pounds) and produces copious amounts of hair. Long ago we had a bigger dog (130 pounds) in the house and I swore I would never have a big shedding dog inside again.

I lied. Pete is just so pathetic, I can picture him quivering in fright all night long if we put him outside. So he's in the house. Depositing his copious amounts of hair e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.

Last year I got so frustrated with the furry tumbleweeds I went to the PetSmart (is it Pet-Smart or PetS-mart?) looking for relief. The lovely saleslady highly recommended a FURminator (As Seen on TV!) and even said her dogs loved getting brushed with it.




It was $50. People, I don't pay that much for my own hair brushes.

But I was desperate. I forked over the contents of my wallet and left the store. Then I forgot about it.

Today, desperation struck again and I remembered the miracle that my dog was going to love.

(insert rolling eyes)

But you know Pete, don't you. He cowered. He ran away. He hid in his box and I dragged him out. When I finally got him to the living room rug (this was before I vacuumed), he rolled over and showed his belly.  I told you he was pathetic.

But to make a long story short, I brushed him as much as I was able, which was not nearly enough, and look at the pile of hair!


I'm going to attack brush him with it again later. I have hope!

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: