Thursday, July 22, 2010

Five things you didn't want to know.

I have no idea what made me think of this (maybe that's six weird things about me), but here it is.

1. I don't like TV. I can't make myself watch it, other than Say Yes to the Dress once in a while. For some strange reason, that show really entertains me. Maybe it's the thought of women spending 5 or 8 or 10 thousand dollars on a dress to wear for five hours. I once watched a woman fall in love with a $12,000 Pnina Tornai. Seriously! Can you drive it?

2. Menopause has made me itch. And not sleep. And I had a spell of hot flashes last year that was 3 months long, then nothing for a year, then another spell recently that lasted about 2 months. Isn't that more weird than normal?

3. I am currently researching information for children's books and you can't imagine the odd stuff I find. Yesterday I came across a video of a gibbon tormenting two tiger cubs.



4. And here's a cool one about Asimo.



Honestly, it seems like I have way too much time on my hands. (I really don't.)

5. In the last month, we have spent a grand total of $2590 on car repairs. God's joke on parents is that children go to college and need cars at the same time. Right after they get through braces and wisdom teeth. My word, kids are expensive!

On the good side, it's almost the weekend. Unfortunately, the weekend in Northern Virginia is going to be 100 degrees and humid. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for air conditioning?

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: