Monday, July 19, 2010

Do you remember Charlie Brown's teacher? That's what I feel like.

Worked 8 1/2 hours today, did two loads of laundry, got about 8 quarts of tomatoes ready for canning, made dinner, and took the dog for a 2-mile walk. It's only 9:21 and everybody has gone to bed except Man-boy, who is at a soccer clinic. He and I are the night owls of the family. And Mike. The girls and Ben are the early-to-bed-etc. kind.

Wow. I am so boring. I'm sorry you have to endure this, but thanks for doing it.

We took Abbie's car to the repair place to have the check engine light investigated, and after two phone calls and $1500, it will be in tip-top shape. Except for the muffler that still needs to be replaced. I keep telling myself it's cheaper than a car payment, which it is, but dude. What do you say when they tell you it will cost $1500?

Why, thank you very much. In addition to putting my own kids through college, I'll fund your lavish summer vacation too.

Tomorrow brings more work, company for dinner, canning tomatoes, laundry, and beginning research on the next E-Book. And I might try to read the paper. Still waiting for the wren's eggs in my spider plant to hatch.

Ok, I'm going to mercifully shut up now.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: