Friday, July 23, 2010

Blog fodder from the pool.

This morning I go up ready to work all day on a specific project. I ended up working an hour and a half, doing some errands, canning 10 quarts of tomatoes, and getting dragged to the pool by Abbie. Yeah, that's it. She dragged me. I can blame it on her.

Anyway, since it was way too hot to be anywhere but in the water, I was sitting on the edge enjoying the time off, when I heard a little voice saying, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!" etc., ad nauseam. When I finally realized the voice was talking to me, I looked up at a little girl who said, "Watch this!"

I can't tell you how long it's been since a little voice said (to ME!) "Watch this!" So I watched while she did a very impressive underwater squirm that I think was supposed to be a somersault. When she came back up, she said, "I'm five, but I'm really six," to which I replied, "Yeah, I'm 29 but I'm really 48." It was the heat.

Then not two minutes later a little boy asked his sister if he could use the gargles. And again, the heat. I laughed.

Finally, as we were leaving, I spied this sign on the fence:


Obviously, the term "parents" is used loosely.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: