Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Uh-huh. Uh-huh. We bad.

It took me 79 tries, but I got pictures of the dolphins. We saw a mess of 'em, too. (Just in case you didn't know, that's a technical term, like a pride of lions, a herd of cattle . . . a mess of dolphins.)



If you're ever in Destin, Florida, take a cruise on the Southern Star and see the dolphins. Cap'n Steve does a great job of finding them, and even lets the kids steer the boat. We happened to be sharing the ship with a group of preschoolers today, and they were surprisingly well behaved. Except for Malachi, who kept climbing through the port-side rails and hanging his rear end over the Gulf of Mexico and causing all manner of high blood pressure and near-heart attacks. There's one in every bunch, and Malachi was it. At one point I grabbed his arm, smiled at his teacher, and said, "He's really making me nervous." (Only because I know that if we have a man overboard, my husband will be the first one in the water to rescue him.) She giggled and told him to get down, which he did for about half a nanosecond.



I went to sit on the starboard side. I know my limits.



Anyway, it took me a while to get the hang of Leah's camera, but I finally figured out the timing of pressing the button before you want it to take the photo. I took a video, but you would get vertigo watching it.

Perfect weather, lots of dolphins, a little cardiac exercise thanks to Malachi . . . had a great time.



Tonight we're going to the Whale's Tail one more time and for a final walk on the beach. Tomorrow we head to San Antonio for Air Force graduation on Friday. And we get to see my parents, David and Deb, and STICKY BEAN! Last I heard, they were 8 hours into their 16-hour drive and Bean was doing pretty well. Can't wait to kiss his fat little cheeks!

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: