Monday, March 8, 2010

Life is exhausting.

Every day I wake up with grand plans for all I'm going to accomplish, and then life starts.

Radicals in the denominator are too hard to figure out, or electron configurations are on the schedule. Work calls, children text/email with difficulties, husbands go on business trips, or it's 65 degrees and sunny out. How am I supposed to hold up against THAT?

I didn't. I shut the computer, walked away from three loads of laundry waiting to be folded, and went for a 2-mile walk with the dog. Then when I got back, I swept the deck, and that's no small feat. My men have been doing construction on the back of the house all winter (tearing out chimneys and skylights, removing sliding glass doors, installing windows, roofing) and the mess had really built up. There were hardened chunks of sawdust and insulation in between the deck boards, and loads of nails. So I spent the better part of the afternoon cleaning it all up just so I could sit out there for three minutes before I had to make dinner.

It was worth it. Oh, warm sunshine, how I have missed you! I've known for years I suffer from SAD, but this year it seemed to be worse than ever. It may have been compounded by the three feet of snow we had. This was our reality:



But this is what I love:

 

Looking forward to some beach time.
Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: