Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I feel like the Random Dozen prodigal.



Yes, I've been gone a long time. I can't even remember the last time I participated in the Random Dozen. That's what happens when you get an E-Book, two unit studies, four newsletters, and all the marketing material to edit.

But here I am, still living and breathing and finished with almost all of it. Woo-hoo!

So. On to the Random Dozen.

1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?


The epitome of nastiness. Air-spun sugar, coated with colored sugar, with sugar eyes. I can feel the diabetes coming on.

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?

Well it's sure not by laying an egg. Depending on what's making me nervous, I close my eyes and force myself to breathe slowly. And pray.

3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?

No. I suffer from SAD, so when it's not sunny, I get depressed. And I hate mud. And wet dogs. And limp hair.  ♫ Sunshine ☼ . . . on my shoulders . . . makes me happy.



4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?


There is no chance on God's green earth I would get a tattoo of anyone or anything. Every time I see a teenage girl with a sexy tattoo, I wonder what it will look like when she's 70. It can't be good.

5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?


Oh my word, Linda, what is UP with these questions? Well since we all know I'm not going down the tattoo road, I guess that leaves me with a nose ring. But honestly, how do you blow your nose? What happens if you get a cold? HOW DO YOU GET THE LITTLE BACK THINGY ON IT??? Am I the only one who ever wonders stuff like this?

6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?


A long nap.

7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?


Reese's. God invented chocolate and peanut butter to be eaten together. They were one of the pairs Noah had on the ark.

8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?

People playing games at the annual spouse hunt (singles conference) with our Sunday school class.

9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?

Just finished The Last Song. I was not impressed. It was very cliche ("He loved his kids more than life itself"? Come on, Nick, you can do better than that.), very predictable (Like we couldn't figure out from page 2 the dad was dying and she would finish his song before he checked out.), very boring. Definitely not his best.

10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?

 Are we supposed to do that?

11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?


Including the dressy silver ones? Four. I love flip flops. They are my dream footwear.

12. Which color makes you happiest?

Yellow. ♫ It's like sunshine ☼ . . . on a cloudy day. ♫ Love the Temptations.

And if you had any idea how long it just took me to figure out how to insert music notes in this post, you would be seriously impressed. And in the process, I also figured out how to make single-character fractions, which has been driving me crazy since I got the Mac. I could only find ½, ¼, and ¾, and seriously, do you know how many recipes I edit that use ⅓?

Dude! There's all kinds of stuff in there! �� and ⍢ and ÷ and ∫ (just in case I ever want to do calculus on my laptop) and ☝and ☂ for when it rains. How cool!

Sorry. I got carried away. OK, gotta go link up at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: