Monday, March 29, 2010

I bet your favorite is Bo.

I'm here because I think I need to be, not because I necessarily have anything to say. But here's a cool thing that happened today.

Man-boy and I went to the sporting goods store today for new cleats. He blew out the side seam of his old ones last week, and he's been like an addict without his fix. Shopping for new cleats is only slightly less traumatic for the mother in this family than bathing suit shopping with three teenage girls used to be, but at least we only had to go to one store. He finally decided, and we headed for the checkout.

When we got there, there was one man in front of us. He reminded me of Uncle Jesse from the Dukes of Hazzard.



Anyway, Uncle Jesse was trying to get the girl behind the register to take a card from him. I wondered if I should stick around to witness the harassment, but they were both smiling, so I didn't think it could be too bad. She just kept saying, "No, sir, I can't take it." Finally, he turned to me and thrust a Christmas-themed gift card my way, saying, "Here, you take it. I never come in here and I'll never use it. It's got $13 left on it."

I said, "Are you serious?" and he laughed his way out the door.

He was serious. There really was $13 on the card, so our $60 cleats were only $47. In the words of Rachael Ray, how cool is that?

I always like Uncle Jesse the best.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: