Monday, February 1, 2010

Z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

So much to say, so few brainwaves. Hence, today's news in blips.

Man-boy is sick. So sick that he ate almost nothing all day. That's the #1 symptom. That and a six hour nap.

Firewood does not cut itself though, so Mike and I took care of that as the sun was racing toward the horizon. We barely made it, but we're snug and warm for another day at least. That was after Mike met with his recruiter this morning and did some mudding of new windows and doors this afternoon, and we made a Lowe's run.

I went to the commissary (aren't you glad you read this blog? How would you LIVE through the night without knowing that?) this afternoon. Why I ever think it's a good idea to go there on a Monday, which is also a military payday, in the afternoon, which is also rush hour, is beyond me. I told you—few brainwaves.

Before that, I worked a few hours and made some phone calls.

Somewhere in there I cooked a pot of potatoes and fresh green beans and ham chunks all seasoned up nicely, and if you think Man-boy slept through that, you're sadly mistaken. All I had to do was open his door and he sat up in bed saying, "Man, that smells good!" He felt better after eating, but as I type this, he's back in bed for the night.

So there you have it. My day in reverse, sort of. I just realized I told you what I did, backwards. My word, I'm tired.

I have a great story to tell you, but it will have to wait until I can compose with energy. It showcases my dear husband at his very best. Maybe tomorrow.

And now I go take a hot bath and try desperately to finish Numbers (in which on the fourth day, you take twelve rams and ten he goats, and a tenth deal of fine flour mingled with oil for a heave offering . . .).

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: