Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dude! I am SO late!

It's 10 pm on Wednesday and here I am JUST NOW answering these questions! What have I been doing?? Here's the Random Dozen:
 
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?


Yes. Numerous times. I have fired a .38 special and a .45 and a .22, and maybe something else I can't remember. We are serious gun lovers. In fact, that car being stolen last weekend gave us a new excuse to get out the weaponry. As we speak, there's a gun leaning up against the wall in the living room. Yes, we are rednecks. And my house is locked, and my big dog will eat you if you come in, and I can fire the .45 from a sitting position in bed.


2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?

 Yes. One is in New Jersey and one is in Florida. Others are strewn about the world, hither and yon (I've always wanted to say that).

3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?

Early, or on time at the latest. Ben says on time is late. Being late is very stressful for me, so I avoid it like the plague.

4. Are you more of a New York or California type?

Well, now, that's a funny question. I grew up in New Jersey so I know New York pretty well. But I lived in California as a child and definitely relate to the beach side of things. But New York is cold. But California has earthquakes. Hmmmmm. I pick Nebraska.

5. Do you have a special ring tone?



I have the Verizon one of the guy whistling. Is that special enough? If you mean did I PAY for one, the answer is no. There are plenty of things I'd rather spend money on than a ringtone. Like a car alarm that electrocutes whoever tries to open the door. (Did I just say that?)

6. What is your favorite type of chip?


Love Doritos, love Sun Chips, but I really love the tortilla chips you get in Chili's with the bean dip.

7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....

Sitcom? I loved Cosby. And Seinfeld was funny when it was clean.

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"

Yes, I do it regularly. I only get my hair cut about 3 times a year, but cut my own bangs about every 3 weeks. It works fine.

9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?

Definitely the house. I'm beyond help, but the house could use work. We're in the middle of replacing all the windows, and have yet to finish the wood floor. Because we're so busy, these things take forever. It would be nice to go on vacation for a week and come back to find it all done.

10. Are you allergic to anything?

No, but the older I get, the more sensitive I am to whatever chemicals they put in lotions and makeup. At age 48, there is one blush I can use, and absolutely NO eye makeup whatsoever. There are two lotions that don't make my eyes burn and water, and no sunscreen. It's pathetic. See #12.

11. Why is it so hard to change?

Because we feel inept when we have to learn a new thing. Just try using a different version of Word. It makes me want to rip somebody's eyelashes out. Really, what's the purpose in rearranging all the buttons if it still does the same things? Why? WHY??!! The change case button used to be right there all handy-like in the toolbar, but no, that wasn't good enough. We had to go hide it at the bottom of the Format menu, far away from everything else related to it. Because that makes more sense, right? Ok, I'm taking a deep breath now.

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.

We are most vulnerable with the people we love the most. My husband has seen me deliver five babies, and that's pretty vulnerable. If he still loves me after that, I think I'm pretty safe.

Going to get my gun and go to bed now.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: