Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Random Dozen—it's been a while.



I don't think I've done the Random Dozen since mid-December. We've been a little busy. But here we are again with nothing to do (SOOOO not true).

1. When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave?

Yesterday. Chocolate. Yes, M&Ms.

2. M & M's or Skittles?

See #1. Skittles are nasty. Why would you eat corn-starch-hardened-fake-fruity-flavored pellets when you could have melt-in-your-mouth-not-in-your-hands chocolate?

3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through?

Yes, nine times (I think). I'm going at a good pace this year, but not sure if I'm going to read it through again, or just read the history a bunch of times. I'll decide when I'm faced with the major prophets. 

4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning?

Ben will disagree with this, but I don't think it takes me too long most days. Sometimes I like to lie in bed and enjoy the sunrise out my French doors, but mostly I just get up and get going.

5. Have you ever been on a cruise? If not, would you like to?

No. I always thought I would like to, but Ben's been on a few and he says it's not much fun (that's a joke. He's retired Navy, so his cruises involved 24-inch wide bunks stacked three high minus the all-night buffets.) Plus, I get motion sick since the time Ben took me on the Mad Hatter's Tea Party ride at WDW. He seriously ruined my vestibular system.

6. Who is your favorite actress?

Sandra Bullock. I absolutely loved her in While You Were Sleeping, and am looking forward to seeing Blindside. I also love Reese Witherspoon. Lucille Ball was pretty awesome too. Abbie says Joan Cusack.


7. ______ is something that I will just never understand.

Watching the same movie over and over. You've already seen it. You already know what happens. Unless it's something with Sandra Bullock or Reese Witherspoon. Or Tom and Jerry cartoons, but I watch those for the music.

8. How much of a technology junkie are you?

Baaahahahaha! I learn a new thing when I MUST, and not until. I still can't figure out why we need Twitter. I recently learned how to update my facebook status via text message, but I never remember to actually, you know, DO it.


9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you?

I highly dislike greeting cards. They just seem so fake. If you want to say something, say it or write it yourself.

10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut?

Ummmm, I think I was 24. I'm not making this up.There's only so much you can do when the rule is long.


11. What do you enjoy shopping for most?

Books. I could spend days in Barnes & Noble and spend thousands on books.

12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house?

Cell phone? List? Did somebody lock the dog up?  

Our new mother-of-all ceiling fans seems to be doing a good job of spreading the heat. My bedroom is warmer than it has been for weeks. And no one's been blown off the couch yet. Mike has to cut a wide path around it so his head doesn't get lopped off (he's 6'4"), but when I reminded him last night to be careful, he said, "I got it, Mom. I live up here."

I am so tired today I may have to nap before Pilates. Or maybe during.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: