Sunday, January 10, 2010

The clicking is no more.

Well.You just never know what a day will bring.

Today, Sunday, we made it to church on the first try, all vehicles intact. Went to have dinner with Hope's family. (Hope is a lovely young lady in our Sunday school class.) Had a delicious dinner with the best bread I ever ate, and lots of fun. Came home to chill out and watch a little football before we head back to church tonight.

So we're sitting in the living room waiting for the 4:00 game to start, when I keep thinking I hear a clicking in the living room. Now I'm a little paranoid about things I hear and don't hear, since I'm half deaf already and don't hear things that are there and do hear things that aren't there. Make sense? Of course not, but that's the way it is. So I finally work up the nerve to ask out loud, "Do I hear something clicking?"

Everyone listened and Ben said, "It's the ceiling fan. I heard it doing that this morning."

Well, good. At least I'm not crazy.

But then moments later the house was smoky and smelled strongly of burned wiring. The fan is now permanently off and the house has not burned to the ground. Isn't God good? I mean, what if that had happened when no one was here to turn the thing off? Would we have been the family in the insurance commercial who stands on the front lawn and watches their house burn up?

Yes, I'd say God knows what He's doing.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: