Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Where the torture never ends.

One thing I'll say for Queen Pilates, she's creative.

Today we forewent (is that really a word?) the BOSUs and brought out the resistance bands. In case you don't know already, that's a giant rubber band with handles on each end. At the appropriate time (if there ever is one), we wrapped them around the ballet barre that stretches the length of the room and pulled and twisted and worked muscles we'd forgotten we had.

This is a two-edged sword. On the one hand, it's good that the muscles that were beaten to death in the last class get a rest. But on the other hand, Queen P. keeps finding new muscle groups to work. That means you're sore all the time. Is it ok to do exercise to be healthy and then ruin it by taking pain-killers?

Today was definitely a better day than yesterday, lullafause-wise. My hands are killing me and my teeth hurt, but I was able to think a little more clearly and get some work done. Hot flashes are a thing of the past; I got them over with last spring. 3 months' worth and they quit. I was thankful . . . I have a friend who's been having them for TEN YEARS. Can't even imagine.

This lullafausal mama is going to take a hot bath and go to bed.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: