Lisa at Confessions of a Karate Mom has tagged me for a Meme. Just exactly how DO you pronounce that? Is it me-me? Or is it one syllable as in meem? And is it really a word? Does it have a place in the dictionary? Does it stand for something? Oooo, maybe it can be next year's new word of the year! But enough with the questions already, on to the meme.
I'm supposed to tell you six quirky things about me. Betcha can't guess the first one.
1. I love words. I always want to know what roots and languages they come from, what they mean, how they've evolved. I think that's called etymology, but it sounds too snooty, so I'll just say I love words. I've made all my kids study Latin and Greek roots just so I get to talk about them.
2. I love to research medical conditions. When one of my kids calls from college with physical symptoms, I head right to the computer and start researching. I have a diagnosis, drug recommendation, and get-well plan in place before I make the first call to the doctor. And doctors usually hate me for it, but I'm usually right.
Years ago when Ben was in the Navy, they forced him to take a flu shot which he told them repeatedly would have very bad consequences. A week later he was sick. First a cold, then bronchitis, then double pneumonia, then sinus infection, and at the end of three months he had meningitis. He kept going to medical and they kept telling him he had the flu. Finally I called and demanded to speak to Lt. Whatshisname (my husband was a lowly enlisted guy), who got an earful of my diagnosing. I took Ben back, they did a spinal tap, and guess what? He had miningitis. No kidding? Seems like I heard that somewhere else. . .
3. I love liver and onions. I mean I absolutely LOVE it. But it has to be sliced very thin, dredged in seasoned flour, and fried in real butter with a sweet onion. Sweet mercy, my mouth is watering.
4. I love algebra and will sit and solve systems of equations for fun. No, I'm not kidding. And crossword puzzles. I'm a geek.
5. I am technophobic, as evidenced by my very plain blog. I had to get step-by-step instructions to put the She Speaks button down there with a link. Pathetic. I love this site because it's like Blogging for Dummies. Perfect for me. But if I'm such a geek, how come I'm technophobic?
6. I am a NASCAR fan. Of Jimmie Johnson. But I'm a closet fan of Junior. Closet, because the rest of my family doesn't like him. Shhh, don't tell. He's going to do much better this year driving for Hendrick.
So there you have it. NASCAR and liver and etymology. Please don't judge. I'd love to hear quirks from Carrie at Gremlin Wrangler, Jen at Jeneric Jeneralities, although I already know some of hers, Melanie at This Ain't New York just because I love the name of her blog, Sarah at In the Midst of It because she seems so perfect I just know she has at least one or two quirks, Lisa at Put It On the List, and Veronica at Toddled Dredge because I don't know much about her.
Here are the rules.
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Be thankful ~