Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday things.

Well this Wednesday turned out to be quite Monday-ish.

After Ben got up at 4:30 I never could go back to sleep, so I got out of bed at 5:30 and got the day going. Started some laundry, let the dog out, made coffee, read my Bible, let the dog back in (by this time he freezeth) and fed him, shifted laundry in the machines, and ate some breakfast. I had already decided to go to work an hour late since we were supposed to have a social media seminar at 3 and I knew I would be there late.

When I got to work at 8, both of my bosses were already there and let me tell you, that is unheard of. Sometimes Clarisse comes around 9, but JP NEVER gets there before 10 or 11. There seemed to be a good bit of tension when I came through the kitchen where they were talking quietly but I didn't stik around to find out the cause. Whatever. I went to my desk and finished formatting a 200-page book for translation, which I have been working on for over a week. When Maria came in at 9, I found out what all the early-to-work and stress was about.

Apparently we are submitting a proposal to a certain UN agency for a big translation project, only everyone forgot about putting the proposal together until late last night. Last time we submitted one, it took three weeks to compile. It is due Friday.

If there was a machine that could measure stress in the air, that sucker would have been pegged.

But we all lived through the day and tomorrow is a new one with no mistakes in it (thank you, L.M. Montgomery).

Oh, and here are two random pictures I took tonight.

I call this one "Applesauce Bokeh."


And this one is "Pete Wants My Dinner."



No comments: