Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday thoughts.

Is that an okay title? I mean, it is an alliteration, but I think I called yesterday's post "Wednesday thoughts" or something. Or maybe not. It's been a long day.

Today I want to make a public admission.

If I were not married, I would run the heat and pay $400 electric bills every month. This wood stove thing is just so hard and I am not a pioneer at heart. I need someone who loves to burn wood and get up at 4:30 a.m. and put more fuel on the fire because I am not that girl and all this flame-coaxing is getting old. Ben was away for one night and it was a reality-check for me. I am spoiled and I like it.

Here's another thought I had today: my kids have pretty awesome friends who are kind enough to "friend" me on facebook or Instagram or Twitter and let me enjoy the fun, adventurous lives they lead. It's so neat to watch young people, and obviously I am my grandmother because I'm talking about watching young people.

Anyway, one young lady in particular who I am "friends" with on Instagram (who, incidentally, I have never met, @ohhhchelsea, also www.chelsealainefrancis.com) (isn't it amazing how everyone is known by their online identity? As if we're not really people, just megabytes in cyberspace.) reminds me every week that it's Thankfulness Thursday, and I always love to read what she's thankful for. It's not a put-on either. She really is a thankful person.

Today I am extra thankful for Wawa coffee and the block heater in the big diesel truck. I'm thankful for kids who listen to the Spirit of God and for the Spirit of God who speaks to them. I'm thankful for the ability to run (and take walk breaks if we're being honest) and I'm super thankful for frozen cookie dough blobs and hot-out-of-the-oven cookies after a longer-than-normal day at work.



I'm SO thankful the next day is Friday.

No comments: