Saturday, April 26, 2014

When I was a kid I used to hear my grandparents and great aunts talk about how older people don't need as much sleep, and I've been counting on that day all my life. Now here I am at the ripe old age of 52, and I'm still waiting. I have plenty of time in the bed, it's just that the sleep thing isn't happening and I'm wondering how much older I have to be before my "don't need as much" catches up with my middle-age insomnia.

Lately I've been trying to remedy the situation with exercise. Today I set my alarm (on a Saturday!) for 6:30. I got up and took the dog for a 2-mile brisk walk, came home and ate some granola and went to the gym for a 9 am Pitaiyo class. Stopped in Walmart for some Round-Up, then came home and weeded the two walkways and sprayed them both. I would tell you about the walkways, but I almost can't do it without cursing the boneheads that put them in, so I'll spare you. Suffice it to say one is nothing but rocks and the other is made of a frillion bricks that all have 1/2-inch spaces of dirt between them. And you know what grows in dirt? Ding-ding-ding! You win the prize behind door number three!

Sorry. Once I get started . . .

Anyway, the rest of the day was filled with laundry and cooking a pot of beef stew because I was craving it. I know. Weird dinner for a 75° day.

Now I'm craving ice cream and have none in the house. Who wants to go to  Coldstone and get me a French vanilla with crushed butterfingers?

(I keep forgetting to say)

Be thankful ~

No comments: