Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ten days.

That's how long it's been since I posted anything here. It's not because I don't think about it; I do. It's not because I don't do anything; I'm busy all the time. Mostly it's because I don't think you want to hear about my lack of ability to sleep or the fact that I went to the commissary and my bill was (miraculously) under $300.

All that said, we've been having fabulous weather here in Virginia. The last few days have been dry and very cool at night, so we've been able to sleep with the windows open, the term sleep being used loosely. But at least while I'm tossing and turning, I can listen to the owls hooting and the mice rustling around in the woods.

With all the nice weather, I've had the opportunity to sit on the deck with my camera and zoom lens, waiting for birds to show up. The cardinals won't come near the deck, but they like the tomato cages.



Ben hung the hummingbird feeder and it only took two days for the little guys to find it.


It's really hard to get an in-focus photo of perpetual motion.


They make little squeaky noises while they sip.




Be thankful ~

No comments: