Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Nothing much Wednesday.

It's National Running Day, so I did my duty and ran a mile on the dreadmill before Strive. I remember when running a mile without stopping was not something I could even imagine myself doing. I also remember when, not too long ago, a mile sounded like a little warm-up. These days, I'm happy for every mile I can run without pain or passing out. Since my half marathon just three weeks ago, I took a full week off, ran two painful miles on two separate days the second week, and started this week with two yesterday (about half walking) and just one this morning. You might say I'm having a little trouble bouncing back. I still have the sore Achilles tendon and just can't seem to get in my groove. It's a lost-my-mojo emergency.

So my plan is to keep doing short runs, do them slowly, and pick back up where I left off with weight lifting and Pilates and Pitaiyo. I'm sure you'll sleep better tonight knowing all this.

In other news, I have finally hung the hardware for the curtains I'm going to put over the French doors in my bedroom. The sun comes in around 9 am, making it hard to see my computer screen. And it also makes it hot. I knew what I wanted to do as far as window treatments a year ago, so yes, I am a procrastinator. Anyway, the hardware is there, and now I have to pick fabric. Come back in 2015 and I might have them up.

And finally, I'm looking for a calendar/remind app for my phone. I have a calendar one, but it doesn't send reminders. I've found a reminder one, but it doesn't include a viewable calendar. If you know of one (for android) you love, would you share it?

Be thankful ~

No comments: