Monday, May 7, 2012

Wisdom from Sticky Bean.

I love getting texts from my daughter telling me all the funny things Bean is saying. He's at that really awesome 2-almost-3-year-old stage when they talk a lot but don't always make sense. And sometimes they make too much sense, as in the following examples.

This morning Bean asked what that noise was. Deb told him it was the A/C, and Bean asked, "Why you not turn the A/B/C off? Because you'll get stinky, Mom?"

Then tonight Deb and David were getting ready to do their Insanity workout when Bean reminded her, "Dig deeper, Mom!"

Tomorrow will be the first long run I have really dreaded. It's my last one before the race—12 miles that mostly follows the race course so I get the benefit of running all the hills. I'm stashing two bottles of Gatorade at strategic points and have my Honey Stinger Waffles ready to go, but my Achilles tendon is not looking forward to it. I'm going to massage my calves tonight and rub peppermint oil into the tendons, but I'm not sure it's going to be as much fun as the last long run. If I ever had any thoughts of doing a full marathon, they are long gone. Thirteen miles is as much of a beating as this body wants to take.

I'll be back with an update tomorrow.

Be thankful ~


No comments: