Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Randomness.

I've been having a lot of fun playing around with my new lens, which takes super-sharp photos even though I can't hold still. I'm always swaying or shaking or breathing or something. Nevertheless, it's the lens I leave on all the time now and gives me better results than anything else.


I love the fact that I can see the texture of the petals.

In other news, Abbey is finished with her semester and will be home after commencement (she's staying to help). She had to move out of her dorm room today, so Man-squared drove down to help with all the schlepping and to bring a bunch of stuff home. Yes, it takes two trucks to move that girl. I have no idea where we're going to put it all. She's bringing home some artwork, in particular this bust she sculpted of my Jewish grandfather, who we affectionately called Poppa.


If you've ever wondered why I occasionally use a Yiddish word (like schlepping, which has the idea of carrying a lot of stuff—but it's more dramatic than that, like someone who has too much luggage in the airport is schlepping all their stuff), that's where it comes from. 

Abbey and a few of her friends went to the annual senior picnic at the Falwell Farm, and sent this cell phone photo. That's Jerry Falwell Jr., the chancellor of Liberty U., standing next to her.


It's hard to believe she's been there three years.

Also, I ran my 12 miles today and my Achilles tendon didn't hurt much at all. It was definitely stiff and tight while I was running, but I didn't get that sharp pain I had on my last long run. I did a lot of walking on the hills, which they say you should do when your Achilles is acting up, but still ran a respectable 2:20. No more long runs now until race day, which is May 20.

So I've taking my epsom salt bath, rubbed my calves with peppermint oil, and now I'm going to get horizontal. TTFN.

Be thankful ~

No comments: