Monday, April 30, 2012

Update for my children.

A week or so ago, I went to South Carolina to run a 10K with my daughter Leah, but on the way I stopped to see some old friends in Asheville. Not that the friends are old, but we've been friends a long time. Anyway, now that we're all grandparents, that's what we spend a lot of our time talking about, and I was there in time to see grandbaby #2 come home from the hospital. Number 2 was born a few weeks early and had to spend some time in the NICU putting on weight and getting the hang of essential life skills like eating and breathing. By the time I got there, she was a champion. Here she is on homecoming day at a whopping 5 pounds 9 ounces (I think):


Number 1 is almost two years old and my kids will recognize that she looks exactly like Josh, her daddy.


She even has his seriousness.


In other news that my kids will be interested in, Levi and Brittany are also expecting a baby, I think in November. Remember the days of toy wars in the upstairs room? You've all come a long way.

Be thankful ~

1 comment:

Deb said...

*Squeeeeeeal*
Oh my goodness! those girls are so CUTE! I'm so happy for them!
Ha, I just thought about toy wars the other day.