Friday, October 21, 2011

You can't make these things up.

Today as I was walking out of the gym, my phone buzzed. There was a text from a phone number I didn't recognize:

I'm having a party Saturday night .. wanna come?

I tried desperately to figure out who would be inviting me to a party while falling short in the ellipsis marks department, but couldn't. So I replied:

If I knew who you were, I might . . .

His/her answer:

I can't believe you forgot! Haa Sam.

Me: Haa Sam who?

Sam: Costa!

Me: Sorry, Sam, but I have no idea who you are.

Sam: OMG .. ha make me feel like a complete retard .. look on Facebook ...

At this point, all I wanted to do was point out that ellipsis marks come in threes with spaces fore, aft, and in between, but I don't text that fast.


Me: OK, I've looked on facebook and still have no idea who you are.

Sam: OMG I feel like a total freak. . I'm not even going to both you nomore!

I think that's a good plan.

Be thankful ~

1 comment:

NaomiG said...

HAHAHA! I love that the ellipsis was what drove you nuts about this. I'm forever pointing out ellipsis errors.