Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Deborah's 25th

The older I get, the more I struggle to remember birthdays, even those of my own children. I know when they are, I just can't seem to get myself in gear to remember a card or gift or anything. So here I am a day late with Deb's happy birthday post.

Deb is our second child, first daughter. She had dark brown hair and big brown eyes from the start, and I have pictures to prove it. I just have no idea where they are. She's maybe 18 months in this photo.


About 2 years old.




Sorry for the massive jump over the years here, but by the time Deb was 19 months old, I was having my third child, and then my fourth 19 months after that. The camera got lost in the shuffle of three kids in diapers and apparently didn't get found until Deb's 16th birthday party, when we were safely past that stage. Funny how we missed her dorky, early-teen years. During that time, she insisted on cutting her bangs again, and then having no idea what to do with them, she overused a curling iron. She also had braces. That may be why all those photos are missing.



By the time she was 18 years old, she was a lovely young lady. She loved to sew and cook, had begun an in-depth study of nutrition and medicinal herbs, and knew she wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. That year she was an assistant leader on a Teen Missions trip to New Zealand and Australia. (Abbie will kill me for putting this picture up here, but Deb's the birthday girl and at least it's a good photo of her. Abbie was sick unto death while they were touring the Australia Zoo. She was just glad the koala didn't pee on her.)


By the time Deb was 19 she had her man picked out and he was buying land and beginning work on their house in Tennessee. They were married September 23, two weeks before her 20th birthday.


 Just a few years later they had Sticky Bean, and Deb is an amazing mama.


Every once in a while the girls get together, which is especially hard now that their lives go in three different directions, but they are closer than any three sisters I've ever known.


This is my favorite picture of them, cutting up and laughing together.



Deb still loves to sew and bake. I think she's making pancakes in this one. And baby #2.


Deborah, you are everything two parents could ever hope for in a daughter. We are incredibly proud of the amazing woman you have become. Happy 25th birthday!

Be thankful ~

No comments: