Monday, September 5, 2011

That's what friends are for.

Yesterday afternoon we had a bunch of people here for dinner, one of whom is Abbie's friend Noelle, she of the beautiful brown eyes.



At some point I thought it would be funny to text Abbie and let her know some of her favorite people were here, so I did and we had our little joke. Then I asked her what she was up to and she sent me this message:

At the front desk wrapping Ryan in tape.

To which I replied:

Do I want to know why?

She answered that it was for her sculpture project, and a little while later sent me this photo:


It might have been just a little disconcerting to find out that I'm paying $25,000 a year for her to wrap her friend in tape, but I guess that's what art school is nowadays. Her sculpture will be on display later this month. It will be interesting to see this very expensive work of art. And also, isn't Ryan an amazing friend? I mean, when was the last time you let someone wrap you in tape and then cut it off? I only have one question for you, Ryan: Didn't the tape stick to the hair on your legs?

Be thankful ~

No comments: