Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thoughts.

1. Last night I was lying in bed reading when Ben came in. He started off by saying, "I have a theory."

Not having any clue what he was talking about, I braced myself.

He continued, "Last night when I went out there to shut Pete's crate (we lock him up at night), his head was hanging out."

(He's a weird dog. He sleeps with his head hanging out of the crate, which is big enough for a small horse.)

"So instead of shutting the crate door, I thought he might be more comfortable if I just closed the laundry room door. That way, he could sleep with his head out, and it would be a little warmer in there too."

(We keep the house just above freezing for those of us who have hot flashes, and at times we find Pete curled up in a tight ball, almost shivering.)

I looked at Ben in stunned silence for a minute, then burst into a laughing fit. When I could finally talk, all I could say was, "How lame are we that we've devolved into theorizing about the dog's comfort?"

2. This morning I actually ran 2 miles without stopping. They say if you can run 2, you can run 3. I don't know who they are, but if it's not true, I'm suing.

3. Tomorrow I'm going to New Jersey for my niece's bridal shower. I'm looking forward to seeing family we don't get to see very often, and eating real pizza and getting a Mueller's crumb cake. And maybe some good hard rolls. (If you're not a Yankee, you probably don't know what those are, but let me just say there's nothing like a good buttered hard roll in the morning. It may not be the breakfast of champions, but it takes me back so I'll eat them and be happy.)

4. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour." (Titus 3:5,6)

See you Monday with photos.

Be thankful ~

No comments: