Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday confessions 15.

1. I want to complain about having to run in the heat and humidity all week, but I'm on a campaign to stop whining about exercise, so I won't. You already know it was 106° here yesterday.

2. That said, I ran in humidity so thick this morning it was like pea soup. When I stepped out the front door I almost turned around and came back in, but I knew I'd feel better after I was finished, and sure enough, I did. It's nice to be able to say I did it in spite of how awful it was. (It sounds like I'm complaining, doesn't it?)

3. I forgot my mother's birthday yesterday, so I called her today. She said it was okay, and that once you reach 76, you're just an old bat and birthdays don't really matter. But my daddy is a smart man. He bought her a new car and had it wrapped in a huge red bow. (Go ahead and say, "Awwww!)

4. I need to do a small amount of writing for work today and I'm procrastinating by writing this post. Confessions are much easier to write.

5. I found organic ground beef for $2.97 a pound today at Target (it's usually $5) and bought all they had, which was only 3 pounds. That's not really a confession but more of a brag.

You can read more confessions at A Familiar Path. How's your Saturday been?

Be thankful ~

No comments: