Thursday, July 21, 2011

I am my mother.

I just uploaded a few photos from my camera and was surprised to find the spider I had forgotten about.


What you can't tell from this picture is that he (or she) is snacking on whoever got caught in the web. I could have gotten a better photo, but I would have had to hang out over the deck railing 15 feet above the sinkhole in the backyard to shoot from the best angle, and I think we all know I'm not that dedicated.

While I was scrolling through the rest of the pictures, I found a bunch that were taken by Abbie on Sunday while we were making dinner. Whenever I'm photographing a recipe for the blog, I get Abbie to do the shooting because she's much more talented than I am, and because it's hard to cut potatoes and take pictures at the same time.

When I got to this one, I gasped because, hello? What are my mother's hands doing in this picture when she was 100 miles away?


Did you ever say when you were younger that you would NEVER grow up and do (fill in the blank) like your mother? I did.

And then I grew up and became my mother. The difference is that now I think that's a good thing.


Be thankful ~

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
I am my mother after all.

But your mother is a great mom to emulate!!