Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Coming up for air.

I've been working my brains out lately (not quite literally, but almost), and all that sitting at a computer editing e-books doesn't make for good blog stories, hence my silence. But I do have a few random facts to share.

1. A few months ago I decided to have my body fat percentage checked. The first time, it was a little over 23%. Not bad for an almost-50-year-old. So I kept working at it, and just a few weeks ago it was down to 21.3%. I'm feeling pretty good about that, but I'm not allowed to try to lower it any further. And that's all I'll say about that.

2. Last week one of the trainers at the gym was doing body fat measurements, so Abbie stepped up. Granted, she is only 21 and hasn't had five babies, but honestly, 16.8%? I'm trying not to be jealous.

3. Then today Man-squared had his measured. You know Man-squared, the guy with all . . .


the . . .


muscle?


Yeah, him.

His body fat percentage is so low it doesn't even register on the machine. And they tried two different devices just to make sure. (For the record, they know the machines go down to 4% because they've seen that number on them.)

Jerk.

4. On the upside, I bought a dress the other day and it's a small, so I guess 21.3% isn't so bad.

Be thankful ~

1 comment:

Kayla said...

21.3% is a number that is only in my dreams! So, be proud of yourself!