Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random sillies.

My kids keep me laughing. Here are a few things they've said in the past 24 hours that have made me giggle:

From Mike on facebook: I like rice. It's great for those times when you're hungry and you want two thousand of something.

And then I had this conversation (also on facebook. We really do communicate in standard ways, but facebook is just so handy.) with my daughter Deb this morning after I mentioned that I was taking Man-boy to the oral surgeon today:


    • Deb: He's not getting his wisdom teeth out today is he? That's one day of my life that I try to completely forget.
    • Me: No, this is just the consult. But we hope it will be soon. He has a lot of headaches.
       
    • Deb: Bummer. I hope it's soon too. Then he can start forgetting:)
       
    • Me: Yeah, I'm hoping he doesn't pass out in the bathroom like ALL THREE OF YOU GIRLS did. Who will pick him up? I'm actually a little nervous about this. That boy is 5'11", 160 pounds of solid muscle.
       
    • Deb: Ahahahahaha! I just remember being suffocated by the gauze they covered my throat with, and crying and being all hysterical because I was so hopped up on morphine. Fun times.
       
    • Me: Ah yes, the morphine. And the vicodin. I think Mike carried you back to your bed. And maybe Leah too. When we brought Abbie home, we opened her car door in the driveway and she slid off the seat and onto the ground like a cartoon character. Elijah and I could hardly stop laughing long enough to get her inside.
       
      And now I will end this post since I can't seem to get the cursor all the way over to the left side of the page again.

      Be thankful ~

      Karen

2 comments:

Connie said...

Ah, yes. The wisdom teeth surgery. My memories are gross tho so I won't share them. You're welcome! Good luck to Man-Boy!

Unknown said...

It really must run in the family. I passed out en route to the bathroom after having my wisdom teeth out. I remember thinking I was yelling for my mom, but really it was a dull whisper and she only came once she heard the thud in the hallway.