Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rounding out the exhaustion with more exhaustion. And cookies.

I do realize I have a blog, and I apologize for neglecting it. We've had all five kids (and spouse and grandbaby) home this week and it's been hectic, to say the least. We spent the day Friday with extended family, and then Saturday was busy from start (hauling giant logs out of the woods because that's what we do on Christmas) to finish (frying three turkeys and making all the stuff to go with them).

And then it snowed, and you know how I love that. And of course that was when I realized we were on the last quart of milk and 3 eggs.

So this morning Ben dug a car out and headed to Wal-Mart. He came home with four gallons of milk, six dozen eggs, and the biggest loaf of rye bread I've ever seen from Panera. After church we had turkey sandwiches and the football marathon commenced.

The girls went to Joann's for patterns and fabric, and then to Target because we haven't bought enough food in the last seven days.

After supper we finally got around to finishing the Rugelach (I'll post the recipe with photos soon) and Maple Nut Refrigerator Cookies. And now that I am sufficiently stuffed and once again exhausted (it's my theme for the week), I'm going to take a bath and get in my jammies.

I hope to resurface to melting snow tomorrow.

Be thankful ~

Karen

No comments: