Monday, December 13, 2010

Floor finishing, take two.

It was a long weekend, but the floors are finished and they look marvelous. Here's Ben putting the first coat on the dining room. You can see what it looked like before and what it looks like now. I love the knotholes!


It dried to a satin finish, not too glossy. After 3 coats, here's the finished product:


And a closer look:


Poor Pete has been banished to the laundry room since Saturday, and although I enjoyed the lack of dog hair, the dust more than made up for it. I hope I never have to live through that again.

I still haven't cleaned the hall lights and dining room fixture, nor have I vacuumed the ceiling fans. My plan is to leave them on so no one can see the dust.

And remember when I said the stove, fridge, and one sofa were on the deck covered with a tarp? And you know how when it rains tarps are not really waterproof?

I never liked that sofa anyway.

So now it's back to normal for a few days until all the kids start coming home. The girls and I are making a cookie plan. I'll let you know which ones make the final cut.

Be thankful ~

Karen

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Absolutely beautiful work and worth every speck of dust it produced!

The rocking chair with the quilt looks right at home on the newly finished floor. Warm and inviting!

Connie said...

The room looks great and I love, love, love those walls! Feel free to post as many pictures of Sticky Bean as you like over the holidays :)