Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Meet Button.

I was looking through the final exam in Man-boy's Shakespeare curriculum today and read this:

Who's son, in The Tempest, falls in love with Miranda?

Ignoring the two completely unnecessary commas, I let out an audible gasp when I saw the "Who's" written there. Honestly! We can analyze a Shakespeare play but we can't tell the difference between whose and who's?

Then further down the page is this one:

In Twelfth Night, Viola dresses up as a page, what is her name as the page?

Can you say comma splice?
And then:

What is your favorite Shakespearian play?

Aghhhhh! (That would be Shakespearean.)

I'm going to make a copy of the exam, edit it, and send it to the publisher.

On a more positive note, here's the latest news from Bean:


This one said, "And we haven't even gotten to Wal-Mart yet!" Look at those chubby little baby hands! I've always loved baby hands with their fat little fingers and dimples on the knuckles.


Bean loves his hat because his daddy always wears a hat, and he is very much his daddy's boy. Deb has been saying for some time that she wants to have another baby so she'll have one that likes her.

And in 25 weeks she will! In the last update (at 14 weeks), Button was the size of a lemon. It would be lovely to have a girl lemon, but Deb's husband comes from a family of almost nothing but boys. Four in one family, six in another. Girls are a rarity, so we're prepared for Bean to have a brother, and at least she won't have to buy new clothes.

Can you imagine? Two grandbabies before I'm 50? How fun!

Be thankful ~

Karen

2 comments:

Connie said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Oh yeah, congratulations to Deb and David too :)

Sticky Bean's hands look just like my son's hands at that age. My husband called them mitts. He had the feet to go along with them also.

Heidi said...

Always the editor! :) You know, I'm NOT an editor, but I'm the same way and have passed that editing gene onto my oldest daughter as well. LOL