A few thoughts from the day:
1. I learned today that marshmallows are available in super-size. No kidding, these babies are at least 2 inches in diameter. Can you imagine the s'mores they would make?
2. There's an interesting discussion going on over at Musings of a Housewife regarding children and cell phones. I've commented twice already and keep thinking of more things to add. I will just say this and let it rest: you may think you know exactly how you will handle all aspects of an adolescent with a cell phone, but I guarantee something will come up that you never thought of. Once you give a kid a phone, you necessarily lose some measure of control, and the only way to regain it is to remove the phone. Be prepared.
3. I don't need nearly as much food as I want.
4. Standard time needs to hurry up and get here. I can't stand sleeping until 7 am.
5. I have been without wheat for over a month. Yesterday I called a friend from church to ask if I could buy some from her (she sells it in small amounts), and she told me she was going to Yoder's today (where we buy wheat in bulk, about an hour from home) and she would be happy to pick up a bag for me. So tonight after church, she gave me my 50-pound bag of organic hard white wheat. ♫ Haaaa-le-lu-jah! ♬ I still can't decide what I'm going to bake first. Biscuits? Bread? Pancakes? What would you make?
That's all. I'm done. Finished. Nothing left. Good night.
Be thankful ~