Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nobody told me it would be like this.

Hello, my name is Karen and I'm a soccer mom.

Goodness, this is a hard job! You just can't imagine the stress of watching your kid play a highly competitive game, where the opponent has beaten your team for Y-E-A-R-S on end, and just the mention of their name strikes fear in the hearts of your own players.

Elijah had never played this particular school before, and he was more than a little apprehensive about it. So we were talking on the way there, and I reminded him that they're just guys. They put on their shorts the same way you do. Don't be intimidated by a reputation.

Then when we got there, I set up my chair and prayed, "Lord, show him this is not a given. Let him score the first goal."

AND HE DID!

Man-boy put in a beautiful shot just out of the keeper's reach. God surely blessed him at that moment.

Unfortunately, it was the only goal our team scored. They got 3, and one of our defenders helped them with another. 4-1, them.

I would say it was sad, but it really wasn't. It was the best I've seen our guys play. An exciting game. And I learned a lesson . . .

Next time I won't limit my prayers to one goal.

Be thankful ~

Karen

1 comment:

NaomiG said...

Oh, I LOVE it when stuff like that happens. :-) Yay for Elijah!!! We've got two girlies headed for competetive swimming here, and I tell you what... I'm already holding my breath every time/the whole time they take off from the edge of the pool. :-) Very stressful and proud. :-)